This show is intended for gilts suited for show pig production. Gilts are not required to be registered within a breed association to participate in the Junior Crossbred Gilt Show. Below you find some general information about the new event:
- 1 entry per exhibitor
- Gilts must be state validated
- Classes will be broken by weight (230 lbs. minimum - 340 lbs. maximum)
- All gilts selected for the auction will be required to sell
- Purebred gilts and Crossbred gilts may be penned separately - please plan on bringing or purchasing pen dividers
- Minimum of 2 gilts per pen.
- If you are traveling in a large group of Purebred and Crossbred gilts, please call the Livestock Office for arrival instructions
A complete listing of rules can be found within the 2019 Livestock Premium List.
Schedule of Events
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Show||February 7, 2019||8 AM||Morris Center Arena|
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Sale Preview||February 8, 2019||9 AM||Morris Center Arena|
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Sale||February 8, 2019||1 PM||Morris Center Arena|
- Potential Buyers may view the Crossbred Gilt Show via Walton Webcasting on Thursday, Feb. 7th
- Potential Buyers can contact the Lindner group at 830-431-1183 for sale lot information
- Potential Buyers with trailers will need to drop them off at the Salado Creek Property - Livestock Trailer Parking Lot
- Potential Buyers without trailers will enter grounds at Lot 6 through Gate G
- Potential Buyers will need to register as a buyer at the registration table near the Morris Center Arena before the sale
- Potential out-of-state buyers will need to be aware of any potential animal health requirements before the sale. This may include procuring a permit number from your respective State Authority. Please contact your local State Authority or the Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) with any questions
- Buyers must be aware of the Sale Conditions outlined in the 2019 Livestock Premium List, Rule # 24 - Crossbred Gilt Show Rule
Show - Broadcast by Walton Webcasting. Click here to be directed to our online broadcasts.
Sale Preview - Broadcast via Facebook Live on the Competitive Events Facebook page
Morris Activity Center - Click here to view map