The San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo holds its Horse Show events in the Expo Hall, which opened in 2010. The Expo Hall totals 315,900 sq. ft., of which 180,900 sq. ft. is climate controlled. The building also features:
- A competition arena measuring 125 feet wide by 300 feet long
- 126 prime commercial exhibit spaces
- Climate controlled warm-up arena and show arena
- 1,500 spectator seats
- Approximately 750 new stalls
- Indoor wash racks
- Improved unloading areas for trailers
The project was built in two phases. Phase I was made possible through a joint effort between the San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. and the Bexar County Community Arenas Board. This phase consists of a 113,400 sq. ft. multi-use, climate controlled building which serves as the Horse Show Arena.
Phase II of the construction project, which was funded by the Bexar County "venue tax" bond that was passed in 2008, includes a 67,500 sq. ft. addition to the multi-use building that includes a warm-up arena and a 145,000 sq. ft stall barn.